Due to the fact that By Grace Disabled & Orphans Centre is a non-profit organization, under circumstances of necessity, a refund for program fees may be negotiated for services not rendered. We want our volunteers to have a wonderful experience in Kenya, therefore we will weigh individual circumstances of cancellation and program refund on a case by case scenario. Cancellations must be made in writing and letters of support should also accompany this.
Terms of cancellation & refund
- $50 US application processing fee is non-refundable under any circumstances
- $200 US program deposit fee is non-refundable under any circumstances
- If a volunteer cancels a program two weeks prior to joining the volunteer project, a full to partial refund will be considered
- If a volunteer cancels a program within two weeks of joining the volunteer project, a 50% refund will be considered
- If a volunteer cancels a program after joining the volunteer project, no refund will be granted
- If a volunteer elects to cancel his/her volunteer project, after joining the program, we waive all responsibilities for any consequences of that individual decision. At that point, we are no longer responsible for the remainder of the volunteer’s stay. Terms and agreements of a volunteer’s stay with a host family will be terminated immediately.
- At any time, we hold the right to cancel a volunteer project due to any number of unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, a full to partial refund will be considered.
- If a volunteer is found to be in violation of our mission and philosophy during their stay, we hold the right to cancel a volunteer project. No refund will be granted under any circumstances.
- Refunds take approximately 60 to 90 days to process and will be issued in US dollars in the form of a money order or bank certified check.