As part of our mission to meet the needs of orphans and widows, By Grace requests a minimum contribution from all its volunteers. These tax-deductible (USA only) contributions go directly toward meeting the daily needs of food, shelter, medical care, clothing, and school expenses for the children of By Grace. In addition to the volunteer contribution, a small amount is collected and paid to the host families for the expenses they incur while hosting volunteers. The following guide shows the contribution amounts and host family fees required depending on your desired length of stay. Please keep in mind that all volunteer contribution amounts are minimum recommendations and go toward a great cause. So, the sky is the limit when contributing to the needs of By Grace.
|Length of stay:||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks||12 weeks|
|Minimum Contribution to By Grace||$420||$630||$840||$1176||$1848|
|Host Family Fee||$252||$378||$504||$756||$1512|
2-4 weeks = charged at $30 per day 5-6 weeks = charged at $28 per day
7-8 weeks = charged at $25 per day 9 weeks and above = $22 per day
* Volunteer Contribution amounts are subject to change at the discretion of the By Grace Centre Administration.
What the Program Fee does not cover
The following fees are considered additional expenses to be covered by each individual:
- Passport and VISA fees
- Individual purchases of interest (souvenirs)
- Individual travel expenses (safari, bus, train, taxi, etc.)
- Individual medical care or attention
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- telephone & Internet use
Why pay to volunteer?
- The living conditions at the Centre are very basic – children sleep on thin mats that are rolled out on the floor in rooms
- that double as both classrooms and bedrooms. The children do not always receive 3 meals a day and have little or
- no possessions. Children and teachers alike share the very few books and school supplies available at the Centre. By
- opening its doors to volunteers, By Grace hopes that it can simultaneously provide a unique cultural experience while
- benefiting from the generous contributions of volunteers.